Find more articles by subject




Retirement accounts


If you're new to managing your taxes while out of the country, you should have a look at the topics in this section.

Automatic two-month filing extension

Did you know that when you are living overseas, you are automatically eligible for a two-month extension on filing your tax return? Read on for full details.

Do you need to file a return?

Many Americans simply stop filing tax returns while they're out of the country. But they're probably breaking the law, and it can catch up eventually. Read on to find out what your legal requirements are.

How and where to file

Here you'll find the address to use when mailing a return from overseas, as well as information about the most reliable means to get it there.